Carrying Audrey II, Pod 4 from Little Shop - suggestions for a stand?

JLNorthGA

We are renting our puppets from Character Translations (I'm glad I don't have to build them). I was "selected" to be the puppeteer for Pod 4 as I'm over 6' and can lift the weight while inside. Not too much room in there and very hot. I was thinking of a weight stand to support the cross bar of the upper jaw of the plant. Any other suggestions? Possibly some to give the Pod some mobility?

How are the plants designed? Are they like the ones in the libretto, or something custom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How are the plants designed? Are they like the ones in the libretto, or something custom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
From what I've seen, these are like the originals (and supposedly came from the ones who built the originals) they look like the libretto.

Pod 4 has a padded bar in the upper jaw and a padded neck rope and a lifting rope for the lower jaw.

This is not a direct answer to your question, but our community theatre just did Little Shop. Our pod 4 (we called in Twoey d) performer had an issue with the heat so we had our costumers sew little pockets all throughout his blacks he wore in the plant and we tucked ice packs throughout. Helped him immensely

This is not a direct answer to your question, but our community theatre just did Little Shop. Our pod 4 (we called in Twoey d) performer had an issue with the heat so we had our costumers sew little pockets all throughout his blacks he wore in the plant and we tucked ice packs throughout. Helped him immensely

I just ended up holding the plant up for most of the 2nd act. I had the stem skirt going to the back wall of the flat with a fan in back of the flat. It cooled off the interior. I was sore for 2 weeks after the production.

We rented those plants a few years back for a production, and what we ended up doing was attaching a large strap to go from the bottom bar over the puppeteer's shoulders to help him, we also found a comfortable position for him to rest it and still have the plant look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back