Cinderella Transformation

masterelectrician2112

I am doing Cinderella for the second time in 3 months, but it is the G2K (get to know: aka condensed/kid) version for this theatre company's summer camp. This same company did the mainstage version of the show in June. The effect in question here is the transformation from plain Cinderella to Cinderella in the ball gown. The directors have already decided on double casting Cinderella so that the transition is short. In the mainstage show, we used fog and also a couple of pars used as blinders to hide the transformation. I wanted to ask CB what they have done or what they would do for the transformation scene.

The best way that I have seen it blocked is having a stand in. Basically the real Cinderella runs behind a set piece where she is to do a quick change, the stand in runs out (always facing upstage) and then when the change is done, they switch places again by going behind the same set piece. To the audience it appears as if it is the same person even though there is a body double for the short bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back