Colorsource Spot with Ovation Lens Tube?

TupeloTechie

I know the Ovation series lens tubes will physically fit the Colorsource spot, but will they work with the different led engines?

I've heard that the Ovation lens tubes are similar to the EDLT lenses in quality. Is this incorrect?

I can purchase a new Ovation lens for the same price as a used (and heavily worn) non-EDLT ETC lens and thought this might be a better option, as I am only looking for a single lens for the single unit. Now if I was building up an inventory this wouldn't even be an option.

Edit: This is for event gobo projection.

Last edited:
I am obviously biased, but I encourage you to try the Ovation lenses. Our most recent generation (easily identified by the color coding of beam angles) has excellent optics and works well in competitive fixtures. I personally think it's better than the EDLT and the value speaks for itself.

I have used ETC EDLT lenses in an Ovation with great results. I understand that is the opposite of what you want to do, but it may give a clue to your situation.

I am obviously biased, but I encourage you to try the Ovation lenses. Our most recent generation (easily identified by the color coding of beam angles) has excellent optics and works well in competitive fixtures. I personally think it's better than the EDLT and the value speaks for itself.

What about the earlier models?
This is all the info I have for the one I am looking to purchase.
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 3.41.39 PM.png

That is indeed the earlier version of our lenses. They still work just fine for what you want to do, just not quite as crisp and efficient as the latest generation.

That is indeed the earlier version of our lenses. They still work just fine for what you want to do, just not quite as crisp and efficient as the latest generation.
Thanks Ben! Ended up picking up a used ELDT lens, but if I ever come about some of your pretty colorful lenses, I'll be sure to give them a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back