Control/Dimming Converting a Strand SN110

Jay Ashworth

We have a couple SN110's that went between our old Strand boards and our CD80 rack, and I'm wondering if it's possible to use these with our Ion, possibly by retrofitting firmware or hardware?

They're Strand by Genlyte, S/N M65110CP-4.

IE you can use an SN110 or other device to generate shownet to send to your other SN110...
OR you can replace them with modern nodes that use sACN or whatever and use that instead. It has been talked about in several other threads.

Cheers.

IE you can use an SN110 or other device to generate shownet to send to your other SN110...
OR you can replace them with modern nodes that use sACN or whatever and use that instead. It has been talked about in several other threads.

Cheers.

If looking into replacing with something more modern, its best to examine the network infrastructure. Those old nodes were only 10baseT. Network switches and cabling could be a limiting factor. Technically sACN should function on that slow of a network, but other protocols used for like remotes and synchronizing backup consoles might not fare so well.

My target was "after upgrading past 2.6, my Ion will dim 6 universes instead of 2... if I can find an acceptably low cost method of getting them out of the box." :)

Ron (F)'s suggestion will take up one of the only 2 DMX ports I already have, alas.

[ Did you *make* a suggestion, Mr H? :) ]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back