Custom Projection Screen Frame

CMLDesign

Hello Control Booth!

I'm hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction. Im looking to have a rather large projection screen frame built in a custom shape. (Its got to be able to handle some decent wind/weather loads outdoors.) Im under the same budget constraints everyone else is so Im hoping to be directed towards a company that can handle custom fabrication at a reasonable price. Ive contacted a few big shops and they blew my budget away. Any ideas?

Im in the NY area but will look elsewhere if I can find a shop that is willing to work with me.

Thanks in advnace for the reccomendations!

I assume you have contacted the shops in the city. Just upstate there are several shops. Centerline is just up the Hudson. Adirondack Studios is up by me. Both of these shops do plenty of work in the city as well as all over the U.S. You could also try Creative Stage Lighting, they might have some fabrication facilities out there.

The other option is to call a local machine/welding shop and see what they can do for you. If you come in with completed plans, they can probably build it a bit cheaper then the larger shops. However, the welding shops tend to build things for industry where weight, speed of install, and versatility rarely matter. They will also do structual analysis on your project to give you safe loading etc.

How custom is the screen? Is it really curvy? When building with steel/aluminum, a circle takes 3x as long to build then a square. It also takes a more skilled fabricator to do. So, its going to be expensive no matter what you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back