Wireless Daisy-Chaining UA844

Hi,
My school currently has 24 Shure ULX-P microphones that we use for musical theatre. The receivers are grouped into groups of 4, and each group has a UA844 antenna distribution system. Currently, we are omni-directional antennas directly attached to each UA844 but I am looking to upgrade to UA874s, and I think we would only need 2 of those. The specifications for the UA844 says that they can be daisy-chained, but I was just wondering if daisy chaining more than 2 was possible. I'm attaching a diagram that shows what I'm looking to do, since that's probably easier than trying to type it out here. The stuff in the numbered rectangles (1, 2, 3) is what we have already, the rest would be bought. Please excuse my... uh... artistic ability. Any help or experience with this kind of thing would be appreciated.
IMG.jpg
Thanks,
Jason

Your drawing is almost the correct way to connect that many units together. Shure says that there should only be two distros between the receivers and the antennas. 1A 1B 2A all have the correct set-up but 2B 3A 3B do not. This can be solved by getting another set of paddles and simply duplicating the system with that other pair of paddles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back