DBX Driverack 260 and DriveWare

bjgowers

Hello,
Has anyone had experience using the DBX Driverack 260 processors along with the editing software, DriveWare? I am specifically looking for a way to connect multiple driverack units to my computer and build a "Venue" in driveware with all the devices. Because the units use RS232 and not Cat5, I am able to edit one unit at a time using my RS232 to USB adapter. I've tried using multiple usb adapters into a USB hub, but this puts each device on its own Com port, and the DriveWare software will only connect to a single com port. I'm thinking about ordering the device at the link below, which will connect multiple RS232 ports to a single USB, but i'm not sure if this will create the same problem. Any thoughts would be helpful. My other space uses BSS London units with AudioArchitect, so I've been a little spoiled lately. I know the driverack units are several steps down, but I'd still like some form of quick access.

Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...dg33Li__GR_zYYBJl3KzQaAtC28P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

That should work. The catch is the software has to be able to use Com 1 through Com 4. I have run into software than won't accept more than a couple of serial port numbers, but I can't say whether that is the case here. I suggest checking that before spending money.

The limitation is a software one. A quick Google shows that opening up two instances of the program and mapping each one to its own com port works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back