Dimmer Doublers and larger dimmers

BobHealey

If I've got some Sensor MPE units with D50 modules feeding a patch panel with 20A circuits leaving the panel, is it possible to use dimmer doublers with those circuits, if they were just feeding single instruments? So no more than 1 doubler per dimmer module, and no more than 1 instrument per doubler leg.

I'm sure you can use the dimmer doubler with the circuit, but I'm not sure you can control both sides independently (so the dimmer doubler might just be a fancy two-fer in this setup) - depends on if Sensor will control the two half phases of the D50 module separately (certainly not what it was designed for). Would be much better if you could reconfigure the rack with 20A modules.

Well, after doing some testing this morning, we have found that it does indeed work. If indeed you have your power stepped down correctly, you should be good to go. All wire from the dimmers to the patch panel breakers should have sizing appropriate for 50A at that distance.

Have fun,

David

Thanks. The reason for having the 6K unit no longer exists, and the doublers would be a cheap method to get more use out of it. Its a 6 module Sensor Portable pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back