Dirty Rigging Harness

Robert

So I have 3 fall arrest harness that we use occasionally in my theatre (Sapsis Pro Plus). Tonight I pulled them out and found them to have a surface mold on them. They were kept in our booth in a cardboard box with a strong AC, but no good humidity control. A single pipe system. Now planning to hang them up, but still want to clean them. Looking for advice on cleaning. Thinking some Windex or other ammonia based cleaner. No solvents allowed

as i understand it the mold is not really a problem. However, the ammonia based cleaner could do harm.

gentle agitation in a tub with the lightest touch of Woolite then a freshwater rinse appears to be the way to go.

Last edited:
From http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/prevention/ppe/belts.html#_1_8 :
How do I clean my equipment?
Basic care prolongs the life of the unit and contributes to its performance.

• Wipe off all surface dirt with a sponge dampened in plain water. Rinse the sponge and squeeze it dry. Dip the sponge in a mild solution of water and commercial soap or detergent. Work up a thick lather with a vigorous back and forth motion.
  • Rinse the webbing in clean water.
  • Wipe the belt dry with a clean cloth. Hang freely to dry.
  • Dry the belt and other equipment away from direct heat, and out of long periods of sunlight.
  • Store in a clean, dry area, free of fumes, sunlight, corrosive materials, sharp edges, or vibration and in such a way that it does not warp or distort the belt.

If those are SRI harnesses...give 'em a call. They'll tell you what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back