Dracula - non-toxic non-staining blood

Does the Ben Nye stage blood stain? I know it's peppermint "flavored" and a lot of kids like the BN stuff, but I'm not sure if it stains or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about Ben Nye, but when we used stage blood for West Side Story, we used a couple of shirts and they always came clean. It may take 2 wash cycles with proper bleach, but they came clean. Also, if the white shirt is well starched before the show, it will help it to come clean again.

Does the Ben Nye stage blood stain? I know it's peppermint "flavored" and a lot of kids like the BN stuff, but I'm not sure if it stains or not.

Somebody in my tech class spills it on themselves every year. It may take a stain treatment, but it will come out. I really like the Ben Nye blood. Good consistency, good color, and tasty! It's not just mint; it's zesty mint!

Here is a link with several ideas - How to Make Fake Blood - wikiHow
Staining depends on the food coloring used, I have used the peanut butter recipe before and it has worked great!

Having just completed "The Lt. of Inishmore", take it from me; Spend the money and go buy blood from "Reel FX" <JGIY> . Everyother blood I have found has some issue, either it doesn't stain but it shouldn't be swallowed or it can be swalloed but it isn't 'Gluten free' or it stains but it looks like crap. Reel FX is the best blood I've ever used on stage for it's consistency, color, washability, taste and non-toxicity. The only issue I have with it is if it is left on a surface and completely dries < like for days> it gets very hard, almost plastic-y and if you leave some on the floor you cannot paint over it. < Our back wall had some spatters and we thought we could paint over them...... 3 coats of Kilz later we scrubbed it off>

Somebody in my tech class spills it on themselves every year. It may take a stain treatment, but it will come out. I really like the Ben Nye blood. Good consistency, good color, and tasty! It's not just mint; it's zesty mint!

Yep...zesty mint blood from a makeup company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back