Drop box confetti

We have a devised piece coming up by our year 13s for their assessment in which the scene turns from winter to spring with a flurry of petals. Can anyone advise me on certain types of confetti that would fall well? I know silk petals fall to quickly. I am imagining tissue/crete paper will work well but wanted another opinion before going ahead and making 2000 odd petals that might not work too well (such a high number as he have 3 fans running throughout which will make the room cold for the winter parts but the spring change will have petals blown over the audience using them)

Any way you go, this is going to be a huge pain to clean up. Make sure to have a leaf blower handy. I don't see why tissue paper wouldn't work, but make sure the fans are blowing it above the audience and not AT them. No one wants to catch a piece of confetti in the eye. I feel like this is one of those things that you need to be sure to test thoroughly no matter what material you use.

In the face isn't too bad a problem, it will be blowing from behind, but knowing school kids one will look up and get it in the eyes. And the drop box is above the performers, triggered whilst they are looking at the floor. We've done several tests now and are going with tissue paper (which now rules out the snow machine we were going to use earlier in the piece but will use white confetti for that scene instead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back