Eartec HUB headset issues

Luke_R

Hi all! Hoping for some help on a problem with the Eartec HUB headsets. The system that the company I am working with has developed a loud scraping sound as the mic boom is raised and lowered through the mute that transmits quite loudly directly into any ear on the system, most notably with the headset connected via hardwire to the beltpack itself. Being it’s the weekend and I’m not likely to hear back from the company until Monday, has anyone else had this issue and found a repair that works?

We haven't experienced this on our Hub system so far. But we also only use the hub itself in the base station configuration between our eight ultraLITE headsets and the hardwire partyline com, we don't ever wear the hub itself as a belt pack.

When using the partyline interface for the HUB, I've noticed the gain controls are quite sensitive. Are there similar controls when using the HUB headset?

This sounds like a physical problem: broken wire or loose solder joint making intermittent contact as the boom is moved. I don't know what the inside of those look like, but opening it up and poking around would be my first step in troubleshooting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back