Environmental Lights acquires City Theatrical

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
I use them a lot, their off the shelf pixels are pretty solid. We were all pretty surprised though when we heard, everyone thought it would have been the other way around.

I've known about Environmental Lights for many years, I've installed their products a few times before. They have some of the best LED tape out there, and they have a huge variety of LED spec configurations. They also have people on the other end of the phone/email that really know their stuff and are able to help get a project set up for success parts-wise. I saw this announcement only a few weeks after City Theatrical was by our shop to demo their own LED tape, so this definitely makes sense to me.

Any thoughts on how this might affect City Theatrical's QolorFlex line? I prefer their LED drivers over virtually every other one I've tried.

As of right now there are no product changes. We do have some overlap so there might be some consolidation in the future. How much consolidation we do not know yet because even though there is surface level overlap once you dig into specs on some of the products people still have a preference one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back