Control/Dimming EOS/ION Demo Soon

soundlight

Because the place where I study/work is planning on getting a new console next year to replace our original Obsession, the ETC NY office has decided to give us a full demo of both the EOS and the ION along with all peripherials this coming Tuesday. We'll have it hooked up to our dance concert plot, which is rather massive and has a few movers in it.

I have my own large list of questions for the field rep and things to put the console through its paces, but is there anything that you folks want me to ask and test at the demo and report back on?

If you'll be using the console for dance, be sure to check out the multiple cue list functions. You'll find it invaluable when the choreographer rearranges the order of the dance pieces at the last minute.

I have seen it, but you would also probably be really impressed by the effects engine especially for MLs.

Ask about one backing up the other - how that can work for you. Logging on to one from the other - those types of things

Ask to see under the hood, I never looked, and I am interested if they did anything like Strand to make it modular so you don't have to ship an entire Eos out if it needs to be fixed.

I can tell you that they did - to an extent. It's not quite as modular as Strand's but ETC will gladly send out a Service tech to do any replacement of parts. It is all different USB Panels connected to each other though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back