ETC Announces Gio @5

chausman

Chase
Fight Leukemia
Gio @5™ brings the high-end control of the larger Eos® family consoles to venues with tighter spaces – or tighter budgets.
This portable console packs all the control necessities into a compact footprint, so external monitors and accessories are optional. With an articulating, 17-inch, multi-touch LCD display, five definable and page-able motorized faders and a master fader pair, Gio @5 is the perfect step up for Ion® users who want expanded hands-on access to playbacks, color control, touchscreen Magic Sheets and more.
The console features the same full-function, backlit keyboard as the Eos Programming Wing and Gio® console, providing an easy transition for experienced Eos users looking for a smaller desk – and a good platform for new programmers looking to gain professional skills that scale up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it looks like another good addition to the Eos line. Although I'd like to see something that would push the price of Element down...

As it sits in the family... above Ion, below full Gio price. All dependent of required channel count

I don't think I have seen this mentioned here yet, but they also have motorized fader wings for both EOS and Cobalt.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know I'm stuck in the Bronze age with my Strand MX, but I swear they could have pulled that from the set of TNG...
The MX series aren't bad little boards once you hook a monitor to their printer output.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Didn't say it was bad, just a bygone time ;)

Quite like it actually!
MX-12, 24 or 48?
We've a 24 and a 48 in our neighborhood although the 48's owners have relegated it to a spare since they bought their Element. The 24's owners are still using theirs, with a monitor on the printer port, regularly.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

The 48, with a monochrome Monitor.

We've also got a 24, but to my knowledge only one panel of faders works properly, the rest were used to fix up the 48!

Yes... It is in fact a serial terminal, that emits a loud beep when you turn it on :p

My lighting techs are often very confused when they turn it on. The power button is behind the brightness and contrast dials, so they turn them all the way down by accident when turning it on, leaving to nothing being displayed!

Last edited:
You can send an email to a dealer to request a quote for bugging purposes. They do that all the time and understand that people aren't always looking to buy right away.

The cost of the console is flexible because of variable outputs and training add ons.

If you don't have a dealer that you like, try BMI Supply. They are very good at outlining quotes like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back