ETC Element to control VPT 7 via OSC: Possible?

Doug Lowthian

I've been playing around with VPT 7 projection mapping software and find it may be put to use in a show. I could run it right off my Mac but, if there was a way to trigger cues in VPT7 from our venues Element, that would be nice. I know both the Element and VPT7 speak OSC. However getting the OSC from the Element to the VPT7 correctly so as to trigger a cue is where I am stuck. I have found some tutorials about connecting QLab an ETC Eos board but not sure if VPT7 speaks the same 'dialect" of OSC.

Anyone ever do this and can help a guy out? I thank you profusely in advance.

I haven't done OSC in this direction before, and I have no way to test this, but I'm guessing what you are wanting to do is something along the lines of [cue] # {execute} {string} <string goes here> which would fire the associated string with the cue. You'd need to know what that string is for the VPT7. You'll also probably want to make sure in your show settings that OSC String TX/RX is enabled along with the appropriate settings for your setup.

May also be worth a look/post in the Eos Programmers Facebook group as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/etceosprogrammers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back