Control/Dimming ETC Ion Multiple Monitors

We currently have an ETC ION running OS version 2.1. Sometimes when we turn the board off and turn it back on only one of the monitors shows up. I try re enabling in the settings by scaling the disabled resolution to 800x600(because 1440x900 is readily acceptable) but I click accept and nothing happens. I usually have to unplug everything from the board and reconnect just to get it to work. I found a forum on ETC's website saying to push CTRL + ALT + FN + F2(F12) but I am not sure where to put that command and can't get a menu to pop up wherever I am. The monitors have been tested and work on a computer just fine.

ETC ION
OS Version 2.1
1 VGA port
2 DVI ports ( Both in use)
Viewsonic 1932wm-LED monitors(max res 1440x900)

This didn't work this morning when I turned the board on. Only one monitor showed up and I had to rehook everything. The only reason I care is my board ops don't understand anything about the board. They are just trying to get hours for a class.

I've seen bad connections or monitors booting slowly make the console think it only has one. Something else to check...

Calling tech support is always an option!

My usual place to start troubleshooting monitor problems is in the shell. When you boot, you get a countdown window. Click on that window and navigate to the monitor setup section. Or when you exit, stop at the shell and navigate to monitor setup.

It's here that you can determine if the desk is finding the monitors on boot and whether they're correctly configured.

After configuring, re-boot and then if you have issues, it's time to call tech. support.

Do you have one of the older ions with the dual dvi splitter or do you have two ports on the back of the ion for monitors?

I've seen bad connections or monitors booting slowly make the console think it only has one. Something else to check...

Calling tech support is always an option!

The monitors work fine on a regular computer so I am not sure this is the issue but thank you

Do you have one of the older ions with the dual dvi splitter or do you have two ports on the back of the ion for monitors?

I have the one with two DVI ports on the back

Do it while you're running the console. I've seen/heard of this issue from a few others recently. Wonder if it's a bug in 2.1?

I tried this and nothing popped up. Is there a different key combination possibly?

upload_2014-4-29_13-15-32.png

Those are my notes from when I last used the keystroke. I did it while running a show file and a Window popped up. However, I did not leave myself a note on what action I took once the window was open. It is possible that I mistyped something in my haste to solve the problem.

Good Morning

try updating to V2.1.2
there may be some issues in V2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back