Control/Dimming ETC Ion Programming Question

My director wants the cyc to start blue and switch to yellow by the end of the medley. The problem I have is the medley is 5 cues. How can I get the cyc to change from blue to yellow slowly over the 5 cues with a even fade between all of them? Do I need to time it out and set auto follows? I would rather not do this because there is an applause section during one of the cues. The director said it could end at the beginning of the last song or at the end or anywhere in between so it doesn't need to complete by start of x cue or at the end of the fades at x cue.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

The beauty of the Ion console (or any modern console, really) is that you just need to just set the time of the first cue to something long, like 5 or 10 minutes. Because the Ion is a tracking console, the levels changing in that cue will continue to fade in the appropriate time regardless of how many cues you run as it fades. If you have other lights that need to change level in that cue as well, just make a part cue that contains only the cyc fixtures. Assuming the fade doesn't need to finish at a precise time, this should be all you need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back