Export PDF from Vectorworks

DanBlaze

Hey guys,

I have Vectorworks Student edition, and when I try to export PDFs, it prints as a blank PDF with just the watermarks. Can anybody lend a hand?

I have to print as PDF, because the computer I do VW on doesn't have a printer :oops:

Could you provide more information on the issue. Are you trying to export a worksheet to a pdf or just what is being viewed on your screen?

Hey guys,

I have Vectorworks Student edition, and when I try to export PDFs, it prints as a blank PDF with just the watermarks. Can anybody lend a hand?

I have to print as PDF, because the computer I do VW on doesn't have a printer :oops:

You export the drawing as a pdf (I assume Student Edition allows this ?), using VW's export function.

I assume you have been then taking the pdf file to another computer, opening it, see that it's correct in at least Adobe Reader, then print out of Adobe ?.

Any step in this process that your not seeing ?.

You export the drawing as a pdf (I assume Student Edition allows this ?), using VW's export function.

Yes, the student version does allow it.

To the OP: do you have the print boundary showing? Is what you want printed in that gray box showing? What options are you selecting when you export? You probably want, export whole printable area as one page, but as mentioned current view will work as well.

Make sure your design layers under Tools > Organization are set to "Visible", and use the Move Page tool if necessary to center your work on the page.

Hope this helps,

Jess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back