fake ice cubes

kicknargel

For a low-budget film, we need to have a dead body in a box and covered with ice cubes. Because the dead body is played by a live actor, we can't just use real ones. Casting from acrylic would be cost-prohibitive. Any ideas on low-budget fake ice cubes?

(My first thought is to surround her with bubble wrap, and a layer of real ice on top.)

<(My first thought is to surround her with bubble wrap, and a layer of real ice on top.) >

Might be the cheapest and easiest way to go. How long does actor have to stay nestled in this box o' ice?

My guess is that several layers of bubble wrap would get pretty warm after a few minutes. It might actually work too well as an insulator. I suggest you go buy some and test it on yourself for a bit to see how it feels. You should probably get some acrylic cubes to use as a boundary in places that will be exposed (for example around the neck or arms) so that those parts of the body are not directly touching ice.

I see Amazon currently has one - two pound bag of acrylic ice cubes - used for $12.39... normally $24.46 new. [URL='http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014RB3FY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller="]Better grab it[/URL] before it's gone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back