Favorite sandpaper?

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Sandpaper! Love it, hate it, we all have to use it some time. Myself I always keep two blocks of 2x3 wrapped in 80 grit sandpaper, which is perfect for quickly taking off the sharp edge from a rip on the table saw or a piece from the CNC. I don't yet have a brand loyalty, so I'm curious to hear if anyone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the kind with the grit on one side and smooth paper/cloth on the other!

:D

I've tried some sheet sandpaper with a light adhesive on the back for extra grip on sanding blocks, exc.... Let me warn you, don't ever put it on your 1/4 sheet ROS... it will RUIN the pad! Other than that, it was nice.

Personally I've started moving away from sandpaper. We use bondo a lot so its inevitable that we use sandpaper, but I've found that using a small palm plane or cabinet scraper is a lot faster and more consistent than sand paper when it comes to breaking edges and dealing with tear out. The cabinet scraper is better for removing dried paint globs when you need to...

Norton 3x. Compared to standard sandpaper, it does not clog easily, and when it does, a tap clears it. It keeps cutting long after a traditional sheet would have disintegrated. I do a lot if fine work as a hobby at home, and use it exclusively for that. Aways wanting some course grit around on stage.

Personally I like 3M paper, or the orbital sander papers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back