favorite saw blades

Jackalope

What is your favorite table saw blade--manufacturer and teeth count. Do you often swap blades for different materials or do you prefer one blade for all?
What is your favorite miter saw blade?

Hoping to make better blade purchases in the future ;)

Band Saw blade from Tannewitz 22'-0" x1/2" x .025 x 6 hook flex back for everything. More teeth or no tooth option for really fine work.
Delta bandsaws use the Olsen 92-1/2" x 1/8" or 1/4" or 3/8" x .025 14 tpi reg. hard edge flexible back.

Freud and Diablo on the chopsaw, radial arm and table saws.

I don't have specific recommendations (this is one of those day-to-day things that I don't get to handle anymore), but for theatrical applications I'd usually keep fairly cheap blades in table and chop saws, because we tend to be quick and dirty, and reuse lumber etc. We keep nicer, higher tooth count blades on hand, well labeled for times you need them, like laminates and plastics.

Diablo 60 teeth blades in table and chop saws does a good job getting through most anything. Try to get something in the high 80s to 100s with as small as kern as possible for doing plastic. Also try to find someone that can sharpen blades in your area. You wont believe the kind of money it will save you if your doing lots of work.

I use Diablo glue line rip blades for my good tables saw cuts, otherwise I have a few standard cuts and finer cut blades on hand for the bulk of the work.
For my 12" slide miter, I use a CMT -5deg hook 90 tooth blade. Great for pulling all the way out and then down and push through material. Very little kick back. Works good for radial arm saws too, I just don't have one. I will say that I bought a Diablo 12" to be a swap out while my CMT is out for sharpening and it only lasted one show build, I was not impressed at all. I can go a decent 2 years on one sharpen on the CMT. May have been a fluke, but I wont be buying one of those again.
But yes, spend money on a good blade up front, then have it sharpened. It will save you money in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back