Giant Words?

LavaASU

So, in addition to the gobos, we're looking for giant words to hang. Any ideas where I could get these made (cheaply!!!)? I'm thinking cardboard would work-- like the ones you see in store window displays. Google isn't turning much up though. I'd say they need to be somewhere between 8" and 1' tall.

Take a look here:
Party Supplies, Party Supplies Decorations

I have never ordered these, but I have had decent luck with this company for other things in the past.

EDIT: Could you simply cut the letters out of insulation foam? It's fairly quick and easy. and you get exactly what you want.

Last edited:
If you want them "made" you could try checking your area for someone with a laser cutter. They can slice right through most carboards like butter (wouldn't try foam though) and you can just lay the lettering out on a computer, and you can even pre-include holes for hanging.

DIY: Insulation foam gives you a adjustable and sculpt-able 3D effect, cardboard is 100% flat. Either way, just print out templates from a computer, tape to your material, XActo out the letters, clean up the edges, apply whatever coating you want, then spend way too much time getting them hanging properly

+1 for the foam. The more dense it is, the more forgiving it will be if you are cutting through it with a saw or blade. You can get a clean easy cut with a hot cutter, just use in a well ventilated area.

Insulation foam carved with a hot cutter. Cheap enough, easy to do, and then you can have a giant 3d hanging thing. To hang it you can probably poke a wire all the way through, then use it to fish in some aircraft cable, terminate one end to a washer and the other to a thimble. Hang away. Only reason to do that is then you can customize your cable lengths and have everything very nice and clean looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back