Gorge Amphitheater shooting

RickR

Well it happepened in my territory. No crew involved. Not much known yet except for 2 patrons dead.

A Spokane friend was there but they pull most crew from Seattle.

• Sad
Reactions: Van
I was wondering if I knew anyone there; when I first saw the headline it just said "gorge" and I thought it was George. I'm sick of this crap, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what set it off, wasn't it an EDM fest? Those are typically X-fueled love-fests.

Updates here.

The shooting took place in a campground a half mile beyond the security perimeter of the facility.

It's interesting that the concert continued at the request of the police to keep people from flooding the campground, but day 2 of the festival was canceled.

I was wondering if I knew anyone there; when I first saw the headline it just said "gorge" and I thought it was George. I'm sick of this crap, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what set it off, wasn't it an EDM fest? Those are typically X-fueled love-fests.
Well, the answer is yes you did.. we were there.
It was a domestic dispute that escalated.
Our 2nd show in less than 2 years with a murder.

• Sad
The Seattle Times reported the guy was high on mushrooms. Weapons and intoxication don't mix well.

If anyone is curious to learn more about the decision making process to continue the festival on "day of", the latest Event Safety Alliance podcast talks about it. It's posted here on the 'Booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back