Control/Dimming grandMA onPC External Fader control

gatoral

Does anybody know of any manner of controlling the Executor Faders in grandMA onPC through an external source? The only examples I've found involve the use of a Behringer BCF2000 (as explained here: Interfacing/BCF2000 "driver" - wikiMA). This however is the only midi controller I've seen any info on, but there are other useful usb midi faders out there that are cheaper and smaller. Other research turned up this example of using Midi for encoders (Workarounds/Control Encoders Via Midi - wikiMA) but again nothing about the faders. As versatile as onPC is, the faders are the only thing that you can't seem to assign shortcuts to. Any thoughts or solutions from other users? Any sort of access would be fine such as Key Mapping, Midi Control, etc through any means of support software as necessary.

Have you asked at MA-share.net ? With this specific a question, you'll likely get better results asking there than here. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from answering or helping you, but often the manufacturer's forum is a better place to ask specific product questions (although I realize sometimes it's not.)

I hadn't, thanks for the link. I did find some rough info in the ma-share forums in a pretty old topic but it still hasn't cleared up the exact process. midi to ONpc's faders? is the topic if anybody else is interested or has any insight based off this posting. At least I know it's possible to achieve this, I just need to figure out how...

Hi, i know this post is quite old, but lots of people have still trouble to setup their midi solution.

In this video you can see one of many possible setup methods.
This solution uses only one software which translates midi to Art-Net.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for external faders, one option is the Iwing app on the ipad - part of its original purpose was for external fader control. If you are trying to send commands to control a physical fader via MIDI, I don't think its possible - it looks to only allow control for executing cues/sequences. It's probably intentional that the physical fader control is limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back