Grandma2 rpu from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Sims

Has anyone tried to build a gma2 rpu from scratch. The console software is linux, and I can get the format and install to run it gets to the point of finishing then ask for the grandma2 password. I have a amd base motherboard I think that might be causing an issue because grandma uses a
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H, i5 Intel processor with a Kingston ssd. I found photos of the china version opened up and it looks very basic the only thing they have is the dmx out module. They won't tell me if that is what unlocks parameters in the software.

Why not just run Onpc in windows, and buy or rent a node? There is no way to get DMX output without a piece of MA hardware.

Ah. Probably no way to do that with out renting something. I think onPC is still limited to 4096 parameters.

And there is no way you are going to be able to unlock hacked MA software and use any old artnet node.

http://www.controlbooth.com/faq/
ControlBooth.com does not condone or allow any discussions on the subject on the availability, use of, or tools to access illegally obtained media (including, but not limited to: video, audio, and software). Violations will result in a warning and continued violations will result in being banned permanently from ControlBooth.com and any affiliated sites.

At ControlBooth.com, we will support Fair Use as long as the media was purchased legally and is appropriately licensed for your intended use. Again, that is the extent of the topic that we are willing to cover. Any topics on breaking DRM scheme's even if it violates what is understood to be Fair Use, will not be tolerated on this site and it will be deleted without warning.

It is a breach of copyright and the licence terms of MA's software to use it in a manner not authorised by the manufacturer. This also includes the China version alluded to.
What you are asking for is software piracy and will not be tolerated here on Controlbooth.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back