Greetings from Brighton, UK

thechef

Hi everyone!

I'm Sam, a budding young... Well, at this point i'm not entirely sure what my professional title is, so we'll just go with lighting dude for now. I've been doing this for almost a year now. Started out in my local venue mopping the floor until my manager decided I didn't have the drive for cleaning and asked if I wanted to learn lighting. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity. MY training consisted of an hour to much around with an Avo Pearl before the band loaded in. about 3 months later I was on tour and operating the desk at Shepherds Bush Empire in London and other such places. Whilst this was a very exciting and quick rise, needless to say I have skipped out on learning a lot of the basics that most people get to study at college or wherever else people go to learn this trade for an "on the job" approach. This has had it's pros and cons. For example, I've never to this day had to use a dimmer rack. So that's what has brought me here. I have a few tours coming up this year which I'm designing for and my technical knowledge can't keep up with my ideas. Anyhow, That's me, kind of. Nice to be here!:grin:

Wow ! What a great story ! Well, Welcome aboard! Jump in with both feet and start posting. good to have you here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back