Hard Hats, Bump Caps, and Helmets

Can't imagine Liquid spills being all that dangerous from a hardhat perspective, sparks I could see and anything small enough to fit through the vents is likely to just be annoying seems Canadian regs went a little overboard. Either way I've got the vertex with vents and couldn't imagine going back to a non vented hat durring an out. The sweat in my eyes was enough of a safety issue that I would sometimes not be able to see where I was walking.

Can't imagine Liquid spills being all that dangerous from a hardhat perspective, sparks I could see and anything small enough to fit through the vents is likely to just be annoying seems Canadian regs went a little overboard. Either way I've got the vertex with vents and couldn't imagine going back to a non vented hat durring an out. The sweat in my eyes was enough of a safety issue that I would sometimes not be able to see where I was walking.

My bad with the liquid. It should be the molten metal splash. When I bought my Vertex Best from my local high angle salesguy he stated that the Vertex Best is the only helmet that has (From the Vertex Website, emphasis mine)
"Certification(s):
CE*
ANSI Z89.1-2009 Type I Class E
CSA Z94.1-05 Type 1 Class E
* - Meets the requirements of the EN 397 and EN 12492 standards for protection against impact.
- Meets the requirements of the EN 397 and EN 50365 standards for electrical insulation.
- Meets the optional requirements of the EN 397 standard for molten metal splash, lateral deformation and use in low temperatures."

So I believe that it is the molten metal splash that is the "deal-breaker", as we have had some uptight safety guys come by and kick people off the site for not abiding by this, even though it was an outdoor lighting rig call and no welding was done. He did make a bunch of guys get rid of their 6 year old hard hats though, but that it is actually manufacturer specifications though that state that for their own CYA and due diligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back