Hello from California

zargon

Hello! I am glad to be here and to have access to all the knowledge here! I hope to receive so help and to give some, I am a light rigger/light electrician for this and most shows in the wonderful 15 mil high school theater, first time in the big stuff started out in a small junior high theater and having a blast. I already have one question, for the safety cord on my wrench what is the best way to keep it out of the way when it's in my back pocket, thanks in advance

Greeting! Welcome to Control Booth! Good to have you here with us. Are you a student, or a pro in the industry? I only ask because in your introduction you call yourself a rigger, yet your venues you list are both schools. It is always good to know who we have here with us.

If you do a search, the topic of safeties and lanyards has been discussed many times over. If you still cannot find what you are looking for, by all means, start a new post in the proper forum.

I hope you enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Ahh yeah sorry for the confusion, I'm a student, the rigging I do is for the lights (so not proper rigging) sorry for the confusion and thanks for the introduction

Thanks for clarifying. I strongly recommend against referring to yourself as a rigger. Those that truly are riggers hold a great deal of training, responsibility, and liability in the work they do. Although I am sure it was not your intention to do so, you really are putting forth a false persona and could offending those who do that for a living. It may seem like a small detail, but I assure you it is not.

I hope you find CB to be a great place to hang out and learn. Enjoy!

~Dave

Welcome aboard zargon, looking forward to kicking ideas around with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back