Hello!

nogh0st

Hi all. I work for a community college in Western North Carolina as a computer technician. My job responsibilities also require me to operate, maintain, purchase/upgrade, etc., the A/V equipment in our small-medium size main auditorium (seats ~850, 1,001 max with temporary seating) and our small auditorium that we have on one of our campus annexes (seats 100-200 people). I also train some contract sound engineers/lighting technicians that come and rent our larger auditorium.

I'm new fairly new to the A/V industry. I have some experience with the "V" part working with projectors and TV's while working in the IT industry. I've got a lot to learn and hope that the folks at CB can help me out :).

I am pretty technically savvy but with limited experience in A/V, my knowledge and understanding of terminology is somewhat limited.

Welcome Aboard ! I'm quite sure you find a lot of info here. We have dozens of members who specialize in both the A and the V. and lots that do AV together! Have fun, Ask lots of questions. Answer when you can.

Welcome to the Booth, nogh0st. as Van has said, "We have dozens of members who specialize in both the A and the V. and lots that do AV together!" So yes yes yes plenty of knowledge and experience to go around. I myself am a Volunteer A/V/Media Services/Technical Supprt Team Operator for my local church. So yes any questions feel free to ask around, plenty of knowledge for sharing. Once again, welcome! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back