Homemade Cryo Jet

Has anyone successfully implemented an in-house built cryo jet? The rental price is much more than I can afford for a 14 week show run. Are the special nozzles required, or can I get the same effect by attaching a CO2 tank to a normal air sprayer like this one:
proxy.php

hope you have very good insurance in your budget. items must work at the temperatures/pressures involved.

I personally wouldn't touch that one. They only cost about $800 a piece. That's just over $100 per week for a pair and you get to keep them afterwards.

Just remember, you are responsible for everything you build.

Exactly.
I have the capability and knowledge needed to build these, and still purchase them.
Just the fact that you suggested that air nozzle is scary enough, as it shows that you don't comprehend the pressures or temperatures involved in a cryojet.

Purchase, or cut the effect.

Hmmm Hand nozzle rated for 150 psi ...... cryo jets rated for 1100 psi hmmm just alittle difference oh yeah and -45f

Even a handheld CO2 blaster like those used at sports events by mascots costs $350-$500 easy. $800 for a properly designed device with a pressure & temperature rated solenoid is completely reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back