How to get permission from Disney to use parts of their film(Lion King)

Re: How to get premission from Disney to use parts of their film(Lion King)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of these responses...

I called the company's director, and they said this was all a pre production plan....Nothing has been done, so no worries.

Also, I have droped this project & company.
Thanks!!

Not trying to defend Disney as I personally believe they often go too far, but there is some validity to the perspective that if you want to protect your ability to pursue any form of unauthorized use or reproduction then you may need to address all forms of unauthorized use or reproduction. By opening the door to any exceptions you may seriously weaken your argument in regards to other perhaps not so innocent exceptions.

Also, the reality of our legal system is that sometimes it is simply easier or the better option to sue and then work out an agreement than to try to reach an agreement in advance in lieu of filing a lawsuit. That's what happens when you have lawyers making the laws. :wall:

Intellectual rights are the most difficult to protect and thus must have the most aggressive tactics to protect them. Of course, this can cause a hatred of those protecting their rights as being the big bad meanie and often gets altered through urban legend (being a stillborn instead of young child and suing the stonemason instead of the family).

Often times, with large corporations, the low man on the totem pole just is following policy, but when the press gets ahold of it, whatever the situation must go up to get the approval. It looks like the big bad corporation is turning tail when it just hadn't gone the full course as of yet.

Even if no one is to profit directly through the unlicensed use of intellectual property, there can be problems. This is why corporations will fight tooth and nail to protect their rights. It isn't unheard of for lawsuits to include parties, who are not directly involved, in some situation just because they happen to be the wealthiest target (the Whitesnake performance/night club fire comes to mind).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back