I need a tripod

headcrab

My school has a AG-HMC150 camera, and we need a decent tripod for it. We tend to aim the camera at the stage and leave it there; I don't try to follow anyone on stage. So while a $20 tripod from walmart would work, I don't want to deal with that anymore. I'm looking for a complete solution in the $100-$200 range.
Any ideas?

If you want a tripod because you need to move the camera around occasionally, go to any good photo shop and see what they have. Alternatively go to Amazon and get a higher quality unit.

If you want to mount the camera someplace on the wall and leave it pointed to the stage forever, I would probably check out some place that deals with security cameras and find a wall mount.

When you say that you want a "complete solution", what exactly are you looking for? Are you just looking for a tripod with fairly fluid movement in case you do want to follow action on stage or do you want one that is capable of doing a broadcast setup? With tripods, you really get what you pay for and the price will start to go up dramatically. To have nice smooth movement, you might want to try one of the Manfrotto heads. With the legs this will put you just above your budget, but they have less expensive packages as well like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back