I suppose I will introduce myself

esmphoto

Hi there everyone!,
My name is Edward, I go by esmphoto on the web. I'm a high School student in Houston, Texas and an employee at my school. I also run private and corporate events as Roll Twenty Four Productions. My interests are in Broadcast journalism, photo, video and tech theater (duh)

At the school (where I spend most of my time) I work in the IT department providing customer service and repairing,installing, and removing equipment during the week, I spend some weekends with Campus Facilities and Maintenance. I also run our school's recently renovated performance hall along with a full-time employee.

I do all our lights and video, some occaisonal sound work too.

Love ETC Gear, lots of work and experience with windows but I LOVE my i7 Mac Book Pro, Working on mastering magicQ and making some video tutorials to help others like me!

I'm really excited about ControlBooth, been aware of the forum and had many googled questions answered over the past year, figured id go ahead and join!

Welcome Edward! Your situation sounds much like mine when I was in high school a few years ago. Worked in the tech department (computer tech) and did nearly all of the tech work in our auditorium for school events and other "routine" productions. Worked on the crew of larger shows as well. Still work for the school today, although I've moved mainly into the business office, but still manage the auditorium and do most of the lighting and sound work.

Welcome Edward! Your situation sounds much like mine when I was in high school a few years ago. Worked in the tech department (computer tech) and did nearly all of the tech work in our auditorium for school events and other "routine" productions. Worked on the crew of larger shows as well. Still work for the school today, although I've moved mainly into the business office, but still manage the auditorium and do most of the lighting and sound work.

It's an interesting beast being an employee of a school you attend as a student, can be a little alienating to my "peers", Comes with perks though. I'd say its worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back