iLive T112 - experiences and thoughts

tk2k

Hey all,

I have demoed and am satisfied with a T112 and iDR48. Our (large system supplier) rep is a big fan of them, but several friends of my theater friends say they have had problems with the recall system of the console, and dislike it in a theatrical setting. While the majority of our uses are live sound, I wanted to get some feedback from CB members. If money were no object I would push for an SC48 remote, but we're lookin at 17k vs 22k.

Thoughts?

Never used it myself, but our theatre owns one. Besides ongoing installation problems, the board has work quite well for our tech-heavy space. (Up to 32 Mic's, LCR+S main, balcony, under-balcony, FOH feeds, occasional Aviom). Everyone I've talked to has enjoyed using it.

I have demoed and am satisfied with a T112 and iDR48. Our (large system supplier) rep is a big fan of them, but several friends of my theater friends say they have had problems with the recall system of the console, and dislike it in a theatrical setting.
The scene recall of the iLive has definitely improved over time and in newer firmware versions, so while still not ideal, some of the comments you received may be dependent upon when the related experience occurred. Also, some people seemed to at least initially confuse show save and recall, which is essentially the entire console configuration, with scene save and recall, which basically addresses normal user control parameters but not I/O patching, etc., which made a huge difference in the time required.

The iLive scene save and recall is also dependent on how much information is being saved and recalled. Always saving and recalling everything is going to take more time and one of the tricks seems to be to minimize the actual parameters saved and recalled. if you just need to recall mutes and fader levels for a scene then set up a scene that only saves and recalls those parameters and it will be much quicker than saving and recalling everything. Look on the iLive forums and you can find people sharing some tricks they have developed to help with this effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back