High End Systems NEW SolaTheatre LED Moving Light / Any thoughts??

Anyone seen and tested High End System's new moving light? The Fanless LED SolaTheatre.. Very similar to the SolaSpot Pro 1500, I read the article from last LDI that it had been debuted but with very little info on the product (except for the spec sheet provided on the website). I want to know if these are a great way to go when upgrading to new LED moving lights. Our auditorium has MAC 700's both wash and profile, but the fans are so noisy! Even at studio mode.

One of the reps have replied saying it hasn't been out on the market yet. They do provide demos. I want to get some feedback especially with the fanless system that emits zero noise level (except for zoom and a bit from Pan/Tilt) I am just not sure if other manufacturers will get on the band wagon with this new approach. And the fact it hasn't been out yet tells me this new technology is not vetted yet. Thoughts??

I was able to play with it at the Kinetic Lighting open house... It has a big base because the base of it acts as the heat sink. It is truly quiet. It was there among other fixtures and, when the douser was closed, I kept having to check to see if it was on.

Other than that...I haven't been able to play with multiples.

Hopefully some of The ETC Way will trickle down to HES, with staff members becoming members here and participating in discussions like this.

Here's my favorite thing in that read:
ETC is a casual company with a serious vision.

Anyways, it seems like it's completely possible that these silent fixtures are going to pop up more over the next couple years. With advancements in LED technology, high-wattage LED's have been getting more power efficient (and thus less loss as heat). Power supplies have also been getting more efficient lately (I was looking at some computer PSU's for a friend a couple days ago, and I never realized that they added Titanium to the 80+ certifications). Stepper motors have also been pretty amazing, the only motor that's cooled on my 3D printer is the extruder motor (which in general heats up a lot from the hot end adjacent to it).

Even as an EE major, I'm amazed by all of this efficiency that's been popping up lately.

That is very exciting to hear! The SolaTheatre is really an incredible piece of work. We will have a demo soon and see for myself its performance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back