Interesting ADJ Mega Bar issue

urban79

I have an interesting one. The sides of our auditorium have hidden ADJ Mega Bar fixtures behind the soffit. I have one fixture that PART of a single fixture has stopped responding to DMX. I have led chips go bad before; I’ve had the entire fixture stop responding. But only part of it? I assume I will end up needing to replace it, but I figured I’d ask first here if anyone has any insight as to what the heck!

Of course they’re incredibly hard to access too :/

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 38
Can you select different colours and the bottom (or top) does not change? I had a Parcan that had 1/2 the leds one colour and the other half different. I looked inside and found a dry solder joint. repaired it and all is good.

Yes, in the orientation of the picture, the top portion does anything I ask of it, but the bottom responds to nothing, including intensity. It stays on full once it is powered on. I think the answer is going to be that I have to get it down to see if it can be repaired!

My assumption is that the design of the fixture is in chunks. So while it's only addressable as a whole unit, they manufacture it with multiple ICs and smaller sub assemblies of LEDs.
It might be obvious once you open it up, but it might it's probably toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back