Introduction

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a retired teacher. I taught Theatre Arts for 35 years and just moved into a small town and volunteered to help out. I have been appointed technical director of the theatre and have to learn a Strand 300 console as well as the sound board and all the various and sundry things that a tech. director needs to know.

They will pay for my training and I hope to train a gaggle of assistants. I am woefully behind the times in my technical expertise. I was taught the McCandless system in university and have played mandolin, fiddle, guitar in various bands and often ran our sound board but I am hoping to learn from all of the participants in these forums. I am somewhat intimidated by the technical jargon which greets me in the threads. I hope that will disappear as I become familiar with the various boards in our theatre's control booth.

I will most likely do more reading than commenting. I am much more familiar with the performing end of the game. I have always wanted to expand my knowledge of the technical theatre and retirement is an ideal time to do what you have always intended.
Thanks
Chris

Welcome Chris. Be sure to check out the Wiki and use the search function. There is a log of great info here, and using those two features can help you make sense of things. If you cannot find what you are looking for, or if something is unclear, do not hesitate to ask. Enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back