iPhone Apps

MNicolai

ETCP Certified Technicians
Fight Leukemia
We've already had discussions about Wybron's gel swatch app, but does anyone else know of good apps to have on hand? In particular, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with cadTouch R2?

cadTouch R2

For that matter, if anyone has experience with any of the following apps, I'd like to know your thoughts and feelings about them.

• Wybron Gel Swatchbook
  • CXI Color Calculator
  • D!HV Light Calc
  • DMXCalc
  • BeamCalc
  • PowerCalc
  • GelCalc
  • iSwitch DMX
  • PocketLD
  • DMXRef
  • Moire Gobo Library
  • grandMA remote
  • Electrical ToolKit
  • WireCalc
  • Electric Color Code
  • The Stanley Level
  • Sherwin Williams ColorSnap

I created a Collaborative Article on the subject, it has most of the ones you have listed, but a few aren't in there, so go ahead and add yours in http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/collaborative-articles/12263-iphone-ipod-touch-apps-theatre.html! My iPod has a page and a half dedicated jut to tech apps. I use a lot of them, not so much the remotes, but the iSwitch DMX App I find is particularly useful, especially for lazy people such as myself. I haven't got the Wybron Color App, nor Cad Touch.
There is also, as you may have seen when you logged in, the possibility of a CB iPhone App as well. You can read more ControlBooth iPhone App Interest
Nick

I've tried the Electrical Toolkit, for a free app it's great! But since I rarely do electrical calculations, I couldn't tell you much about funcionality.

I first thought that cadTouch was going to be an AutoCAD viewer, which would be nice for viewing plots. That would be pretty nice to have. That or a VectorWorks viewer.

Any chance City Theatrical might try to get a VW iPhone app setup that interfaces with LightWright?

WSYSWIG for iPhone would be cool! There is a new App out now for Mac users, called What Cue it lets you see what cue is running. Kinda cool, but could be a lot better.
Nick

I use both the DipSwitch & Electrical Toolkits all the time, both are really useful. The Stanley Level App is another really good one, make sure you add any apps you meantion to the Collaborative Article!
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back