It's great to be here

washjo

I am new to educational technical theatre, coming from a background in video production. I have inherite a 750 seat four year old complex that I am very at home working in as it most resembles the studio controls of my graduate work. I am less comfortable with the two smaller theatre lighting controllers I inherited in other facilities. I am hoping that there are members who may recall how to work with Strand Mantrix controllers and Strand 300 series controllers.

I think you'll find at least a couple of us 'Old Timers' who have spent many an hour on a Mantrix..... < I still think every technician should be required to know how to manually operate a show. :angryoldman:>

BTW Welcome aboard !

< I still think every technician should be required to know how to manually operate a show. > ...
Yeah, because moving lights, LEDs, and media servers work SO well on two-scene preset boards. :p BTW, I think you need to order more carbons for your followspots.

Welcome, washjo. Got a problem? Ask away! Chances are you'll get many (often conflicting) responses with the hour. :rolleyes:

Welcome, washjo. Got a problem? Ask away! Chances are you'll get many (often conflicting) responses with the hour. :rolleyes:

Aw now.... it's not that we don't agree or get along, it's just that, well, everyone seems to have their own opinion! On everything!!

;)

Welcome to the ControlBooth washjo, I'm sure you'll fit into the slightly different demographic we find ourselves within!

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
-Will Rogers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back