Loudspeakers JBL JRX 100 series Speakers

DuckJordan

Touring IATSE Member
I just got a used pair and haven't had a chance to crank em up to hear how well they sound, anyone else have a pair or have heard a pair. Things to be aware of?

Mine are the 15" carpeted.

They are paired with a QSC QX5 2 channel amp.

I have some 112's on a GX3 amp. Not too bad for monitors (semi-acoustic band vocals) or fills. I had planned on purchasing higher-end gear to expand the system, but in my case there is no ROI, so I've just been saving my money.

It's often been said by just about anyone I've heard talk about them that the J in JRX stands for Junk. Don't get your hopes up.

they sound fairly decent on the low end. They will be used for DJ setup so nothing majorly crucial for clarity. Even the cheapest JBL's sound better than the behringer setup i had before.

They're "okay," good even, for the money. We have 14 that we use mainly for B-rig monitors but also for small SOS jobs. We're looking into selling them before the end of the year and upgrading a little.

I had a chance to open them up this evening and they sound exponentially better than the rig i was using before. Granted they would sound better with proper processing and a mixer that wasn't built as a paperweight. I'd love to get these outside to hear just how loud they can go but its cold outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back