K-Array Redline Speakers

Maybe as simple as "You don't use the K array systems for permanent installs!" really having been intended more as "You don't use the KR-400 systems for permanent installs!" The KR series is intended specifically for portable applications, however there are other K-Array series and models that are intended for permanent installs.

So, Dave. Since this thread was dug up with flames licking our hands... What ended up happening? Did you get a demo of the K-Array? I'm anxious to hear any opinions you may have. Like I said, I'm a dealer but I've never actually heard or even seen any K-Array products in person.

I was able to arrange a demo of both the KR200's and 400's for my client. As I originally anticipated, they were not even close to being the right choice for their space, so we went another direction entirely (JBL VRX system). They are very happy with their final system and budget.

The K-Array systems are pretty incredible products. They definitely make you rethink what you expect from a portable system. I could see a good use for them in musical theatre or orchestra sound reinforcement inside a certain type of proscenium theatre space. I could see where they would be a great fit for the jazz and corporate world too. They are very easy to set up and use. Not my favorite sounding box, but I would not be afraid to recommend them if them in certain scenarios, especially the KR400's.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back