Kliegl 1550 Series Help

RebekkahHanks

So my brother is a facilities manager for a small school district in NY and has inherited theatre upkeep to his long list of responsibilities. Unfortunately, he has very little training in the field and calls me quite often for help. Well today over video chat he was asking about changing out some lamps in his lighting and proceeded to showed me some old Kliegl 1550 series instruments. These are a bit out of my wheelhouse, especially over video chat. Does anyone know how do we get the instruments open to change the lamps?

Unscrew the lamp cap on the rear top of fixture ?. Used to use the FLK 1000 watt lamp, not sure those are still available. I think the more recent 575 watt version is the GLC. Uses the medium 2 pin base. Would not surprise me if, do to age, the sockets are burned out.

Unscrew the lamp cap on the rear top of fixture ?. Used to use the FLK 1000 watt lamp, not sure those are still available. I think the more recent 575 watt version is the GLC. Uses the medium 2 pin base. Would not surprise me if, do to age, the sockets are burned out.
Thank you so much for helping. We're having difficulty figuring out how to unscrew the rear cap off the instrument. There are two knobs in the direct back of the unit and one of them when unscrewed opened a small circular flap that seems to be spring-loaded but we couldn't get the whole back cap to come off. Do you happen to know if the whole cap is supposed to come off or if the screws are somewhere else on the unit to get that off?

Thank you so much for helping. We're having difficulty figuring out how to unscrew the rear cap off the instrument. There are two knobs in the direct back of the unit and one of them when unscrewed opened a small circular flap that seems to be spring-loaded but we couldn't get the whole back cap to come off. Do you happen to know if the whole cap is supposed to come off or if the screws are somewhere else on the unit to get that off?
It’s been 50 years since I’ve looked at one. The a picture of the top of the lamp cap

Can you share a few pictures?

Also, if you're comfortable sharing, what general region in NY? There's a lot of CBers spread out, and it might be a 5 minute in person conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back