Lightsky Manufacturer

Do any of you own Lightsky products or have worked with Lightsky products? Here is their home page, Fly Dragon Lighting Equipment Co., Ltd I'm considering buying a couple of fixtures from them specifically the Bumblebee-beam, but I'm concerned about quality of the light etc. Do they work? I know it's not going to be a Robe or Martin, but if it does the job and give the right effect, then I'm happy. Please post any comments on the Manufacturer or on the Bumblebee (Bumblebee - Fly Dragon Lighting Equipment Co., Ltd) Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they licence those designs from other companies? It looks like all rebranded equipment from other manufacturers. I see Avolites and GrandMA consoles, without brands on them. I'd be pretty careful about dealing with them. No personal experience though, so I could be completely off base.

Even if they're the same "design" as the the orignal manufacturers, I'd be worried about off brand ballasts, and cheap components. Anyone out there worked with their gear?

Do they licence those designs from other companies? It looks like all rebranded equipment from other manufacturers. I see Avolites and GrandMA consoles, without brands on them. I'd be pretty careful about dealing with them. No personal experience though, so I could be completely off base.

Even if they're the same "design" as the the orignal manufacturers, I'd be worried about off brand ballasts, and cheap components. Anyone out there worked with their gear?

Well they certainly sell knockoffs, and the company is based in China (2 major strikes). The about us page sounds like BS, seeing as few here have ever heard of them and yet they claim to do OEM for major companies AND have their own R&D and IP. I wont claim that all of their stuff is knocked off, but at least some of it is, like their consoles and at least most of their moving heads. This is a persistent problem with China, and will continue until their country is at a place where it needs to innovate to move forwards. Until then, all you can do as a user is really avoid those brands. I would check out Blizzard, they are probably pretty close to your price range and most people here have had very favorable experiences with them. If you cant get those in South Africa, you will, I guess, be stuck with the normal brands, CP, V*L, Martin, Robe, Elation, etc if you dont want to be buying a knocked off or ripped off product. I doubt 2 patents is enough to go into a ML. Just saying.

If this thread attracts Barry I'm holding you all accountable.

This company sells rip-off gear. Don't buy from them.

If this thread attracts Barry I'm holding you all accountable.

This company sells rip-off gear. Don't buy from them.
I do wonder if any of these companies have ever done a knock-off of another companies knock-off. I am still waiting for a company called "Hinky Brand"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back