Liquid Nitrogen Dry Fogger

yep... Drives me nuts here how many directors have told me.. they tried the scrim and it didn't work.. Duh yeah.. you didn't put it where we could light it right.. (we have limited hang positions)
You gots to "skim the scrim"

The fog fluid we use is JEM™ Low-Fog Fluid, Quick Dissipating, and the fogger is a JEM ZR25 with a look solutions cryogate addon

Fog Fluid
JEM ZR25
Cryo Gate

The Hang time for the fog is roughly 30 seconds, but with the CO2 blast It drops it to the floor super quick and dissipates before it rises up.
The effect is written to do a long (2 mins) continuous output at low output (creates a cloud effect), then a blast of CO2 Shoots up a wall of the fog (4 seconds) and after shut off about 2 seconds later the platform is clear of fog.

On a tangent here, but it would be super helpful if the original poster would give some context... Full on professional production with big budget? School? Community theater?
Makes a big difference on the questions of maintaining safety, and budget vs "perfect artistic vision" I come from the "make it look great" on a skinny budget world.. often have to balance the
artistic with the realistic. That also factors in to implementing safety protocols... I chant all the time at our place to "say no to pyro" even though they/we did some in the old days. etc. Don't get your damned plastic snow in my lighting instruments etc.

The fog fluid we use is JEM™ Low-Fog Fluid, Quick Dissipating, and the fogger is a JEM ZR25 with a look solutions cryogate addon

Fog Fluid
[/URL]
JEM ZR25
[/URL]
Cryo Gate
[/URL]

The Hang time for the fog is roughly 30 seconds, but with the CO2 blast It drops it to the floor super quick and dissipates before it rises up.
The effect is written to do a long (2 mins) continuous output at low output (creates a cloud effect), then a blast of CO2 Shoots up a wall of the fog (4 seconds) and after shut off about 2 seconds later the platform is clear of fog.

Thank you. When the CO2 shoots up, is that with fog as well or is the CO2 just chilling the fog that's already been output?

Fog Fluid
JEM ZR25
Cryo Gate

A question for you on the fluid. You link to low fog quick dissipating fluid but the smoke machine linked to does not list that fluid as compatible. It lists a Pro-fog fast dissipating so is this the fluid?
Regards
Geoff

Thank you for all the info. If this is a Disney show, are you able to share which one, or is that also classified?

The Rat is to Mickey what Edwin Hyde was to Dr Jeckle. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back