Lock off a lineset with a method that can be released and locked quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry @Terrence MacArthur but we simply do not allow the discussion of any sort of rigging which involves human flight or any heavy overhead lifting on this website. If we did, you would get speculation from people who think they know what they are doing, but you wouldn't get the advice of any real rigging experts. I have several friends here on CB who are highly skilled riggers who work in cool exotic locations. I assure you they have read your posts, they know how to do what you want to do safely, but have chosen not to answer. The reason they have not answered is pro riggers consider it incredibly dangerous to give out advice about anything related to human flight or heavy overhead lifting on the internet. They have no idea about your space, the quality of your gear, your skills, your budget... there's an endless list of unknowns.

Furthermore, consider this. You may be a great tech and have good rigging skills. All you need is a little advice to do this. So let's say one of our rigging experts did answer your question and you were able to follow the given advice perfectly and had a great safe show. The problem is that advice would now be sitting here on the internet for everyone else who may not have your skills or discretion. That's terribly dangerous. You may find other places on the internet which do allow the discussion of human flying rigging. But the "experts" who are willing to post that information are not the kind of riggers I would want to listen to.

So for all these reasons, the leadership of our site has followed the advice of our rigging expert members and does not allow the discussion of human flight or any sort of heavy overhead lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back