Looking at getting a new board

Shawncfer

So my place of employment is looking at getting a new board. It's a fairly new place of worship, and they started out with a small rig, and they quickly raised more money than they had ever hoped of. (It's actually a live music venue, but designed for Christians to hangout, even when there is no bands).

Anyways. Right now were running everything off Elation Pro Compu. I hate it!

So were looking at upgrading to a couple different boards.

Now I've worked with a couple different boards and I have some ideas of what I like and want and what would be best if anyone were to take over after me. And one of the few boards that I'm looking at is an ETC Element. I know I said we have like rock bands and stuff. But theres also plays and orchestra stuff sometimes as well. Like I said Im still looking at others.

But I hear ETC sometimes demos boards so people can try it. And I know that I like it. But I wanted to see about demoing it to see if the sound guy, and my boss (who doesn't do anything lighting or sound wise at all), and some of my other coworkers like the board incase something happens and I'm not able to make it or if I have to leave the job all together, I wanna make sure other people are able to pick it up real quick and see what they think. Any thoughts on the subject?!?!

Just call you local dealer and ask for a demo. It may take them a couple weeks to get a console in if they don'w have one in their rental inventory, but they should be able to get one for you to demo. Sometimes that demo may even come with a person who actually has been trained to give said demo. You should be able to get demos from most of the major manufacturers.

What do you have for a fixture count/type? The element is great especially if you will have people on board who are rather new to lighting.

Haha, we have hardly anything. 10 pars, 4 movers, 12LEDs and 2 foggers. We don't NEED the element. But It would be nice to have! Hell, an EOS would be nice to have too! :-D

But, Heidi Bowers from ETC (The nice lady who commented on this post earlier), was nice enough to let us borrow her personal one until we can get a demo in and buy the board! Once again this goes to show what great customer service ETC has and I love working with them! Thanks Heidi!

But, Heidi Bowers from ETC (The nice lady who commented on this post earlier), was nice enough to let us borrow her personal one until we can get a demo in and buy the board! Once again this goes to show what great customer service ETC has and I love working with them! Thanks Heidi!

You've got that right Shawn! People helping people is what it's all about-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back