Mac 250 no spinnie spinnie no blinkie blinkie no workie!

hello All
I an a tech that is troubleshooting an mac 250 wash. problem is; when powered up the two fuses (2a/250w) on the arm of the upright blow. I have replaced the everything in the base (transformer/capacitor/cards) and am thinking about replacing the daughter card on the arm next. Please help. Thank you in advance.
I like the very technical terms you used. Sorry I don't know how to fix your issue.

If they are in the arm of the unit, chances are they are fuses for motor drive circuits as compared to ballast or main board. The motor drive chips are usually little ICs with small heat-sinks mounted to them. When they pop, they usually short. Without the motor drive working, the unit will not make it through it's start-up self test. If the motor drive chips are popped, also check the wiring to the motors for any wear/shorts. Meter the motors as well to see if they are still electrically isolated from the frame. Sometimes winding can short in them and take out the drive chip. Beyond that, time to call the manufacturer. Good luck!

I'm sorry, I had to. JD seems to have been thorough in his answer, so I don't feel like too much of an a** for chiming in to say... Oh my gosh, I read the title of the post and just about died. Thank you for breathing some happiness into a drowsy Friday afternoon for me!! :D

Sometime without a good title nobody looks at the threads. You want a fast answer well gotta grab some attention.

I like the technical terms which is why I call them wiggle lights. They wiggle this way, that way then go blinky, blinky, flashy, flashy. Sometimes they have those patterns things.

I found that once in a while, Just cleaning out the motors and such fixes the problem. Just in case you still haven't found a way to get the blinky blinky spinny spin to come back.

If you've got some spare fuses, try disconnecting everything after the board. You'll get a whole mess of errors, but it will tell you whether it is the board, or something after that. Just make sure those loose connections are taped off or safe, so nothing arcs.

Are the fuses just for the motors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back