Automated Fixtures Martin Mac 500 Problem - FBET

Janderton

Hi,

I am having a problem with 2 Mac 500's that both seem to have the same fault. When the units resets the tilt motor doesn't move however if you give it a gentle nudge to start moving it then moves to its reset position. It then completes its reset, however the head stays in the tilt position when it tries to move to the home position and has a FBET error, which is not unsurprising. If you then try to make the tilt move on the manual controls you get a sort of vibrating noise and if you look at the stepper motors they are trying to turn but are sort of appear as if they are stuck on something.

So I have looked for some form of obstruction and there is none. When the unit is turned off the head moves easily and the stepper motors move easily. I then cleaned the feedback sensor and checked the continuity on the motor and feedback connections and they are all fine. I then cross plugged the pan and tilt on the board and used the pan control to control the tilt and the tilt motors function correctly, however the pan motor then appears to exhibit the same fault (the sort of vibrating noise). This implied that it was a fault with the motherboard so I have swapped out the motherboard and the stepper controller chips and the fault remains.

I am slightly at a loss as to what to try now. Does anybody have any suggestions of what to try next?

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back