Martin1 (M1) Professional Lighting Console HELP

MrsZ

Does anyone happen to have a Martin1 (M1) lighting console? And if so, do you have a "cheat sheet" or M1 for Dummies version of the manual? We're a little overwhelmed with this board. When we were building our new facility, this is the console ordered for our new performing arts center--by the powers that be. While it is an amazing tool, it is over our heads. Any assistance in simplifying until we've wrapped our collective heads around the thing would be GREATLY appreciated! :pray:

you tube is your friend
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And check out Martin's forums for additional support (that may or may not provide a faster response, but that response is often by the folks who actually developed the console):
http://martin.com/forum/

Best,
John

My advice for Martin consoles is to forget that the command line exists. In fact anything you've ever learned about syntax and how to get a console to do something you should probably forget. There are a lot of tasks that can only be done with the touch screens and anything you can actually do with the command line can probably be done easier with the touch screens. So that's the best route for about everything other than numbers, record, and the GO button.

Beyond that learn how to change the resolution on the radial encoders because they are jumpy and I hate them.

I attached a 35 page document that is a pretty good reference manual for the Maxyzz OS. It's geared towards the older console's control surface but all the information is still relevant because they run the same software.

Maxxyz Commandline 2.5.344.pdf

Attachments

• Maxxyz Commandline 2.5.344.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 573
Watch the training videos. available on youtube and www.martinpro.com/controllersupport. They just released a new manual this week, which should cover any visual differences between the videos and your console. I'm doing a 200+ cue dance show tonight with my M1, so I might be a little slow to respond, but send me a pm with any questions you have.

Do learn to love the touchscreen, it is your best friend, and a couple screenviews programmed to the F keys can make programming much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back